RTD focus of organization
Research and Development
Description of RTD activities
- Breeding goals and programmes for sustainable animal agriculture based on optimal utilization of locally available resources; Breeding goals and programmes for small population of autochthonous breeds of animals (Animal Genetic Resources).
- Breeding and selection of cattle, with an emphasis on genetic improvement of dairy and beef traits; Variance components estimation of traits measured in performance and/or progeny testing of bulls; Improving rearing and production systems at the farm level.
- Small ruminant breeding, selection and production, with an emphasis on goat breeding; Research on critical issues that affect the quality of milk at the farm level; Research on factors affecting growth and carcass traits.
- Sustainable intensification and the development of livestock production systems based on optimal utilization of locally available resources to contribute towards rural development.
Experiences in international Programmes
- MARCBAL PROJECT “Marchigiana Cattle Breed in Western Balkans.
A crossborder cooperation and sustainable development plan.” Project No 276
Adriatic New Neighbourhood Programme
- Reorientation of academic education in agriculture in SE Europe – curriculum development in animal breeding and animal husbandry.
-Norwegian SEE Programme in Agricultur: “UNIFICATION AND IMPROVING OF SELECTION OF DOMESTIC ANIMALS IN SOUTH EAST EUROPE”.
-Norwegian SEE Programme in Agricultur:
“IDENTIFICATION AND CONSERVATION OF ANIMAL GENETIC RESOURCES IN SOUTH EAST EUROPE”.
Organisation is/was involved in projects funded by the following RTD programmes
Inserted / Updated
2007-08-31 / 2012-02-03