RTD focus of organization
Information Storage, Analysis and Retrieval; Software Engineering; Web Science; Intelligent Systems.
Description of RTD activities
My research interests mainly focus on the following:
- Text information retrieval (in particular, XML and focused retrieval);
- Improving the effectiveness of XML and focused retrieval;
- Evaluation of XML and focused retrieval; and
- Entity retrieval and ranking.
Experiences in international Programmes
- ACM and IEEE member since 2003, and a BCS IRSG member since 2006;
- Organiser of the AxIS GEneral Reading club (AGER) series of research seminars at INRIA Rocquencourt;
- Participant of the Initiative of the Evaluation of XML retrieval (INEX) since 2003;
- Co-organiser of the INEX 2007 Working Group on Effectiveness Measures;
- Contributing author of Springers Encyclopedia of Database Systems; and
- Program committee member of the SIGIR 2006 Workshop on XML Element Retrieval Methodology.
Inserted / Updated
2007-12-07 / 2009-09-15